- The Innovation Metrorail Station’s roof has been completed and all protective wrappings removed.
- Installation of the first escalator in Phase 2 of the Silver Line now complete at Innovation Center Metrorail Station in August 2018.
- Metals producer Arconic has signed a lease with Lerner Enterprises for their new headquarters located at Tysons II.
- On July 31, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors approved the Reston Gateway project including offices, apartments, hotels and retail at the north entrance to the Reston Town Center Metro Station.
- 7 new restaurants signed on at Tysons megaproject, The Boro, located near the Greensboro Metrorail Station.
- San Diego-based analytics firm BigBear, Inc has opened its Reston office as of August 2018.
- Peter Lawrence Cos. in conjunction with MRP Realty has applied to redevelop Isaac Newton Square into a mixed-use residential, retail and office space including “Willow Oak Park” open space and an athletic field.
- Walmart Labs has revealed plans to double its workforce at its Reston office, which would mean adding 100-plus jobs. Walmart Labs includes software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within Walmart working to improve customer experiences and business operations.
Pictured at top: Photo by Phil DeLeon
Installation of the first escalator in Phase 2 of the Silver Line is now complete at Innovation Center Metrorail Station. This will be the closest escalator to the pedestrian bridges and public restrooms, and will connect the mezzanine level to the track platform. There are a total of 20 escalators in the second phase.