News about the Coronavirus is being reported daily. Fortunately, the Centers for Disease Control is indicating that the outbreak risk to the American public is low. Regardless, we want to assure you that we are working diligently to protect the health of our residents, families, and staff.
Protecting Our Residents’ Health
We are currently taking these precautionary measures:
- Providing hand sanitizer stations throughout the community
- Regularly reviewing infection control procedures with the staff
- Closely monitoring residents who are exhibiting cold or flu-like symptons
- Disinfecting surfaces that are frequently touched, such as door handles and elevator buttons
How You Can Help
Follow these tips to prevent respiratory illness of any kind:
- Avoid contact with someone that is sick
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available
- Don’t touch your face, mouth, or eyes with unwashed hands
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you sneeze or cough
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces (e.g., doorknobs)
Additionally, we ask that anyone experiencing an illness refrain from visiting our community until you are sympton-free for at least 48 hours.
More information on Coronavirus and infection control can be found at Virginia Health Department website, vdh.virginia.gov. If you have further questions about our infection control procedures, please call and ask to speak with our Executive Director.