How do you plan to Age Well? If you’re looking for ways to maintain good health and well-being in coming years, consider some new research findings on the benefits of living in a Life Plan Community.
Life Plan Communities are age-restricted, amenity-rich retirement communities that invite people to live on their own terms, enjoying a host of amenities, services, and opportunities, as well as the added benefit of access to on-site health care services if ever needed.
A Lifestyle with Proven Health Benefits
In October 2018, preliminary results from the Age Well Study show that residents of Life Plan Communities scored significantly better in multiple areas of health and wellness.
The Age Well Study compared survey responses from more than 5,000 residents in 80 Life Plan Communities across the United States to demographically similar older adults who do not live in senior housing. Results of the study reveal the following:
- Life Plan Community residents score significantly better in self-reported health, greater purpose in life, and lower levels of loneliness.
- Residents in Life Plan Communities report significantly more healthy behaviors than other older adults (not just more exercise).
- 69% of residents reported that moving to a Life Plan Community “somewhat or greatly improved” their social wellness.
- Life Plan Community residents have a significantly more positive perception on aging than their peers.
- Residents in Life Plan Communities tend to have greater emotional, social, physical, intellectual, and vocational wellness than other older adults.
The five-year Age Well Study is being conducted by Mather Institute and Northwestern University and Year 2 Results will come out in early 2020. Mather Institute is the research area of Mather, a 75+-year-old not-for-profit organization that provides senior living residences and other aging services.
Mather is currently planning a Life Plan Community in Tysons, Virginia, called The Mather, projected to open in 2023. Residents of The Mather will enjoy services, programs, and amenities, including:
- Spacious, modern-living floor plans including one- and two-bedroom options, some with dens
- A fitness center including indoor swimming pool, group exercise studio, and cardio/weight training
- Inspiring social and cultural opportunities such as digital media workshops, live music, art + technology seminars, and featured lecturers
- A full-service lifestyle with various culinary package options, housekeeping, and concierge and valet services
“Tysons is fast becoming a centrally located lifestyle hub that offers unique residential, cultural, dining, and transportation options. Not only will residents enjoy a vibrant community, but they will also benefit from a NextraordinarySM lifestyle that is uniquely Mather,” said Mary Leary, CEO and President of Mather. “Our amenities and program offerings center around six dimensions of wellness that are supported by research from our nationally recognized Mather Institute.”
Designed for those age 62 and better, The Mather will combine everyday lifestyle comforts and conveniences with quality amenities and services, all while offering the someday benefits of health care within the community; residents of The Mather will have on-site assisted living, memory support, skilled nursing, and rehabilitation services if ever needed. This continuum of living will allow residents to age in place right in the community, surrounded by familiar faces and the many comforts of home.
Building upon Mather’s experience and success in providing communities and services for older adults, The Mather is expected to provide significant public benefits to Tysons and Fairfax County. The Mather will provide added retail on Westpark Drive, a publicly accessible urban park with nearly three acres of green space, employment opportunities, and a commitment to sustainability, as it will seek LEED Gold certification.
Ten percent deposits are now being accepted on The Mather’s apartment homes designed with modern open floor plans starting at $650,000, with sizes ranging from 850 square feet to more than 3,000 square feet. Those who place a ten percent deposit on their selected apartment home, lock-in pre-construction pricing and medical approval now. Pricing includes a one-time entrance fee that is 90% refundable to the resident or resident’s estate, and a monthly service fee. Prices will be dependent upon apartment size, location, service package, and health plan selected.
To learn more about this Tysons, VA, Life Plan Community,
visit www.themathertysons.com or call 703.348.8522.