Tour 5 Notable Reston Gardens on June 2
Presented by The Reston Chorale
Those looking for landscape inspiration or simply love admiring gardens can look forward to the second annual Gardens of Note on Saturday, June 2. Five private residential gardens in Reston will be open for a self-conducted, exclusive tour from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Adding to the experience, members of The Reston Chorale will present pop-up performances in the gardens, and at the Hidden Lane Garden Party at the end of the day.
Gardens of Note is a delightful opportunity to view new landscapes and well-established gardens ever-evolving with bountiful plantings, water features, and unique hardscapes. This year’s Gardens of Note tour features:
- The Bitzer garden in the South Lakes neighborhood, designed by its owner, encircling the home with enviable views.
- In the Uplands neighborhood, the Guilfoyle garden, filled with the owner’s well-chosen plantings, seating, and garden art.
- The Gohn garden in the Hunters Woods neighborhood, with swaths of new plantings of shrubs and perennials, including native varieties, complementing an established landscape.
- Also in the Hunters Woods neighborhood, the Mansfield garden in a woodland backdrop with hardscapes and plantings installed in 2017.
- The Rhoads Garden in North Point, featuring an established sloping stream, and a newly installed hardscape, along with a multitude of spreading perennials.
After visiting the residential gardens through the day, ticket-holders can enjoy the Hidden Lane Garden Party at 4 p.m. with light refreshments, property tours, prizes, and performances. Guests can also purchase the Perennial of the Year, Allium Millennial, provided by Hidden Lane, with all sales proceeds donated directly to The Reston Chorale.
Gardens of Note is an adventure, and also a fundraiser for The Reston Chorale to support production of their concert season, September through May. Tour tickets are $22 in advance and $25 day-of. Buy in person at Mayflowers at Reston Town Center, Long and Foster North Hills office, and Reston Farmers Market on Saturdays at Lake Anne. Online tickets and more information are available at restonchorale.org
Photo credit top and middle: Courtesy of The Reston Chorale
Photo credit bottom: Hidden Lane